a simple + satisfying kick-start cleanse

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Not going to lie. Last night, nearing the end of my three-day cleanse, I poured the surprisingly rich Island Coconut blend into a big, ol' red wine glass.

A girl's got to get her indulgence where she can.

As a part of hitting January's "refresh" button, I've upped my game in terms of clean eating. (Much like everyone else in the nation. The only difference? I have a wedding in three months, SO, girl's gotta get her rear in gear.) To kick-start the effort, I took the easiest approach that I'm aware of, which is an order-it-up, six-bottle-a-day cleanse by Jus by Julie. I've done it before and I'm fairly certain that if my budget allowed it, I would do it weekly.

It was wonderfully easy. Each day, you drink all six bottles in the order they're numbered. It's filling. And it's actually pretty darn good tasting, too.

Each time I've ordered, I've had success in digging up a discount code so that I pay approximately $100 for the pack. For three days worth of sustenance, that's not too painful.

And the end result? I really do feel better, having cut some of those salty, chocolatey and alcoholicy cravings that I swam in during the holidays.

I have yet to nail down a sustainable workout regimen, but for the past couple of weeks, I've started each day with a series of yoga poses that have left me with a pleasant soreness the following morning. And now that I'm back to eating solid foods and heartier proteins, I'll be once again leaning on Kayla Itsines' Bikini Body Guide, which is a tone-up PDF that I've used in the past.

The reason that I find it to work best for me is due to its simplicity - it's a printable document that you can also pull up on your computer or mobile phone screen. You can do it at home or in a hotel room, or outside, with no other crazy equipment contraptions that cost a zillion dollars. And it kicks your butt. It really, really does.

Taking small steps like this cleanse do wonders to make me feel more in control of my health and well being. And worth noting is the fact that our mindset plays a critical role in our success. This Huffington Post article, "Can Changing Our Mindset Improve Our Health and Wellbeing?" is a few years old, yet it raises important questions whose answers often lay in the our own outlook on mindfulness.

I've never bought into the fad diet approach, but I do believe that cultivating a healthy relationship with our bodies begins with having the utmost respect for the foods we're ingesting, and the time and energy spent understanding how they fuel us.

Of course, there's always room for cake, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top